Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I've Been Tagged

My friend Grrl Scientist tagged me with the following meme a few days ago. I whimped out on passing it on because I really haven't been in regular contact with anyone lately and, therefore, would feel I was imposing on anyone I subsequently tagged. So, with that thought in mind, I gave some thought to the people I would really like to tag were I to have the opportunity to tag anyone who ever lived, even if they weren't blogging on the world wide web, or for that matter had a clue what that is. So here we go:

Seven Things To Do Before I Die

1. Learn how to play a musical instrument.
2. Visit Iran.
3. Learn how to dance without feeling silly while doing it.
4. Read all the books in my “To Read” section in my bookcase (the way this is going I think subconsciously this must be how I figure I’ll cheat death.)
5. Write something I’m really proud of.
6. Learn how to fly.
7. Learn how to speak Farsi.

Seven Things I Cannot Do

1. Speak Farsi.
2. Fly.
3. Play a musical instrument.
4. Dance without feeling silly.
5. Sing worth a damn.
6. Write as well as I’d like to.
7. Remember jokes.

Seven Things That Attract Me to Blogging

1. The opportunity to connect with other people.
2. The opportunity to share information.
3. It’s a good place to express myself.
4. It makes me feel a part of some sort of odd, ill-defined community.
5. It’s relatively easy to do.
6. It’s an opportunity to write.
7. It functions as something of a diary of my life and the concerns and issues
that have run through it.

Seven Things I Say Most Often:

1. “What a ding dong!”
2. “Learn how to drive!”
3. “I haven’t a clue.”
4. “What a phutz!”
5. “Now that’s interesting.”
6. “I’m not sure, but …”
7. “I gotta get that …” (this doesn’t result in follow through as much, at times
anyway, as I’d like for it to.)

Seven Authors that That I Often Read:

1. James Lee Burke
2. Walter Mosley
3. Michael Ignatieff
4. Mark Salzman
5. Elmore Leonard
6. Robert Parker
7. Tony Hillerman

Seven Movies That I Would Watch Over and Over Again (if I could):

1. Ikiru
2. The Twilight Samari
3. The Unforgiven
4. Strictly Ballroom
5. Tombstone
6. Lord of the Rings (the entire trilogy)
7. Miller's Crossing

Seven People I Want To Join In Too:

1. Jared Diamond
2. Elmore Leonard
3. Leo Szilard*
4. Clarence Darrow*
5. Abraham Lincoln*
6. Ada Lovelace*
7. Jesus Christ, and any significant prophet of the last 4,000 or so years.*

*With consideration given to the fact that these people would have no clue what the internet or the world wide web was about - though I'm inclined to think they'd have caught on pretty darn quick.

2 Comments:

Blogger James said...

Wow, learning Farsi, huh? Not too many non-Iranians would say that.

I think I would get a lot of a guitar if I ever put myself into it. I was reminded of this recently when I was listening to a Colin Hay CD - this guy can play a guitar, certainly, and I can feel the pleasure he gets from it in his music.

And yeah, learning how to fly would be very cool, and if I could talk Feri into it something I'm pretty sure at some point in my life that I will pursue.

9:55 PM  
Blogger James said...

Ogilvie, Well from what I know of Darrow, I think if anyone would get a chuckle from his being resurrected with Adam & Eve, it would be him. And if Eve were an especially comely woman, I'm sure he'd be even all the more pleased.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home